Man Utd transfer news LIVE updates: All the latest news and gossip from Old Trafford
Thursday, January 23
- Manchester United have entered talks to sign Eric-Junior Dina Ebimbe
- The Red Devils want to secure the teenager’s services this summer
- Manchester United’s pursuit of Bruno Fernandes has collapsed
- Manchester United have confirmed they have no plans to re-sign Carlos Tevez
Edinson Cavani backed
Brazilian legend Rivaldo has urged Barcelona to sign Edinson Cavani.
The Spanish champions are monitoring the transfer market for a striker to replace Luis Suarez and Cavani, who has handed in an official transfer request at PSG.
Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested in signing the Uruguayan international but the pair are said to be concerned by his £360k per-week wage demands.
“Cavani would be a magnificent improvement for Barcelona’s attack now that Suarez is out for quite some time,” Rivaldo said. “After all, Cavani is a top forward who has always got his goals in Europe’s top leagues. In his case it seems he’s really close to leaving PSG and it would be a very good opportunity.”
Wanted: Eric-Junior Dina Ebimbe
Manchester United have entered talks to sign PSG midfielder Eric-Junior Dina Ebimbe.
That’s according to RMC Sport, who claim the Red Devils want to secure his signature after the 2019/2020 campaign.
Dina Ebimbe, 19, is currently enjoying a profitable loan spell with Ligue 2 side Le Havre, where’s made 18 appearances and scored twice.
Talks between Manchester United and PSG are already underway but there’s no mention of how much the teenager will cost.
Bruno Fernandes collapse
Manchester United’s pursuit of Bruno Fernandes has collapsed.
That’s according to The Sun, who claim co-chairman Joel Glazer has decided not succumb to Sporting Lisbon’s unreasonable demands.
Sporting value the 25-year-old playmaker at £68million but the Red Devils’ final offer was £42.5m up front with a further £8.5m in add-ons.
It’s claimed the Red Devils haven’t even attempted to agree personal terms with the player because the ‘clubs so far apart on price.’
Carlos Tevez exclusive
Manchester United have confirmed they have no plans to re-sign Carlos Tevez during the January transfer window.
The club are looking at signing a new forward in the wake of Marcus Rashford’s injury but the Argentina international won’t be returning to Old Trafford.
United DO want a new striker but they’re unwilling to go for Tevez, who has spent the last few years waning overseas.
United have reportedly lodged an enquiry over the availability of Edinson Cavani, who is eager to leave PSG during the transfer window.
Moussa Dembele talks
Chelsea have re-opened talks with Lyon star Moussa Dembele.
Edinson Cavani is Frank Lampard’s priority signing in January but Atletico Madrid are the front-runners for his signature.
The Spanish side have reportedly agreed a contract with the striker for the summer – so other options are being considered.
The Sun claim a ‘dialogue’ is open between Chelsea and Lyon for the 23-year-old, who has scored 13 goals in 28 appearances.
It’s claimed owner Roman Abramovich would have to pay in excess of £45million to convince Lyon to do business.