Inter Milan sign Victor Moses on loan until the end of the season with view to £8.5m permanent deal from Chelsea
- Victor Moses has completed his loan move to Inter Milan from Chelsea
- The 29-year-old has joined the Italian giants on loan until the end of the season
- There is an option to make the deal permanent for £8.5million from Chelsea too
Victor Moses has been reunited with manager Antonio Conte after signing a loan deal with Inter Milan until the end of the season.
The anticipated move from Chelsea was confirmed on Thursday afternoon by the high-flying Italian side.
The 29-year-old has joined on loan for the rest of the campaign with a view to making the deal permanent for £8.5million in the summer.
Victor Moses has joined Inter Milan on loan until the end of the season from Chelsea
The Chelsea loanee shakes hands with Inter chairman Steven Zhang after signing on Thursday
‘It’s an honour for me to be here and be an Inter player. I’d like to thank everyone for the welcome I’ve been given, I can’t wait to start,’ Moses said on Inter TV.
‘Having the opportunity to work with the coach again is something I’m really happy about,’ Moses said.
‘I have spoken to him and he has already explained the club’s project to me. I want to be part of it, I’m happy to be here.
‘I’ll give my all and want to help the team. There’s a lot of quality here, I want to make my contribution out on the pitch and enjoy myself. That’s the most important thing.’
The wing-back had initially arrived in the city on Monday night, having cut short his 18-month loan spell at Turkish side Fenerbahce.
Moses poses for a photograph as he makes his way to Italy on a private jet on Monday night
Videos of Moses in Milan surfaced on social media on Tuesday morning as he underwent a medical with the San Siro outfit.
On Wednesday, Inter striker Romelu Lukaku posted an Instagram photo of the squad going out for dinner which included Moses in it. This was another indicator that the move was close as he was still yet to formally join the club.
The Nigerian sits opposite Lukaku as he smiles and appears to be bedding into his new surroundings already, as the former United striker wrote: ‘My brothers, My boys, My Friends, My team-mates @Inter.’
Moses is currently deemed surplus to requirements at Chelsea and had spent the past 12 months plying his trade with Fenerbahce.
The wing-back had been filmed in Milan ahead of undergoing a medical with Inter days before
Moses, circled, was spotted in the background of Romelu Lukaku’s post on Wednesday
However, he is now reunited with Conte at Inter after playing a key role in the Italian’s 2016-17 Premier League title triumph while in charge of Chelsea.
He featured 34 times in the league that term, scoring three times.
The pair worked together at Stamford Bridge for two seasons before Conte was sacked just two months after the end of the 2017-18 campaign. The last season saw them win the FA Cup too.
Conte will be hoping the arrival of Moses can aid Inter’s title challenge as they look to usurp Juventus as champions of Italy. Juve (51 points) currently sit four points clear of second-placed Inter (47 points) after 20 matches apiece.
Moses has spent the past year on loan at Fenerbahce, after falling out of favour at Chelsea
The move sees Moses reunited with Antonio Conte – after their two years together at Chelsea