Princess Beatrice news: Eugenie and sister to take over Meghan Markle and Harry roles | Royal | News


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex shocked the world earlier this month when they announced they are standing down as senior royals. Instead the couples aim to become financially independent and will split their time between Britain and North America.

Currently the duke and duchess are living in Canada with their son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

Royal biographer Robert Lacey, author of books about both The Queen and her mother, suggested this is likely to boost Beatrice and Eugenie’s roles.

Speaking to Hello magazine he commented: “It’s quite clear that one of the consequences is that Beatrice and Eugenie will now be brought forward, if they’re willing to be brought forward.

“If two go out, two have got to come in, and those two have got to be Beatrice and Eugenie.

“It’s ironic that Harry mentioned his cousins as models of how he wants to be.”

Mr Lacey pointed out it will be 15 years or so before the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children can assume major royal roles.

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are six, four and one respectively.

Mr Lacey added Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie taking on a bigger role would be “greatly welcomed” by the wider royal family.

READ MORE: ‘Never!’ Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘rule out proposal’

A well-placed source was reported in the Sunday Times, saying: “Everybody agrees that this is a fragile couple. Nobody is going to say, no they can’t come back.”

Some experts have pointed out Canada might not be the most private place for the couple, without the UK’s “gentleman’s agreement” between the Palace and the press protecting the royals from paparazzi intrusion.

Ingrid Seward, a royal biographer and editor of Majesty Magazine said: “Of course the safest place for Harry and Meghan to be is in the UK.

“They haven’t been papped once since their marriage, and if they have been, no pictures have been printed.

“Those rules don’t apply in Canada. The paps can come from all over the world and lie in wait for them.”

Those close to the royals seem to agree.

Speaking to the Sunday Times one source said: “The palace is very worried about the Sussexes, because they are vulnerable outside the embrace of the family.

“They are making contingency plans in case the Sussexes suddenly turn round and say: ‘Can we come back under your wing?’”

These contingency plans are said to include bringing the Sussexes back to their home at Frogmore Cottage, or perhaps setting them up at another well-cushioned royal residence.

Prince Charles and Prince William are said to be reaching out to Harry, after a friend said Meghan found life in the Royal Family “soul-crushing”.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: