Meghan and Harry wield axe as Frogmore staff ‘let go’ ahead of anticipated Canada move | Royal | News


Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have “let go” of their Frogmore Cottage staff as two permanent employees have been moved to other duties within the Queen’s household while further members of staff have allegedly been told their service is no longer required. Sources told The Daily Mail the couple’s decision to spend time in both North America and the UK means employees are having to switch jobs.

One person close to the couple told the publication: “There is a skeleton staff there all the time, consisting of one cleaner and a house manager. Others work as and when needed.

“This has all come as a bit of shock.

“They took great pride in working for them and being at Frogmore.”

When the couple announced their intention to stand down as “senior members of the Royal Family”, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they intended to split their time going forward between the UK and North America.

READ MORE: Princess Beatrice wedding: Meghan and Harry to blame for small event

However, since then there has been speculation the couple will permanently move away from the UK.

The couple spent six weeks on Vancouver Island over Christmas where they finalised plans to step down from their current roles.

The Duchess of Sussex is already back in Canada, returning to North America just days after carrying out her first royal engagement last week.

Prince Harry is understood to be planning on joining her once an agreement on the couple’s long term future has been agreed with the Queen and Prince Charles.

Buckingham Palace has not commented on reports the Duke and Duchess have let their Frogmore Cottage staff go.

Buckingham Palace has been contacted for comment.

The claim comes just hours after the Duke of Sussex undertook his first public engagement since the announcement he and his wife, Meghan Markle, plan to step down as senior royals.

Prince Harry hosted the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draw at Buckingham Palace on Thursday sharing videos of him at the palace on Instagram.

With the clip, the video had background music from The Stone Roses and the song This is the One.

Daily Express royal correspondent Richard Palmer said Prince Harry ignored questions from the press at the Buckingham Palace event about how discussions on his and Meghan’s future are progressing.

Mr Palmer wrote on Twitter: “Prince Harry ignored questions from the media about how discussions are progressing on his and Meghan’s future.”

The Queen has been brokering talks between senior members of the Royal Family and her grandson.

In a statement released on Monday, Her Majesty insisted she supports Harry and Meghan’s decision and senior staffers have been charged with finding a solution to avoid disruption because of the changes the Duke and Duchess of Sussex want to make.

The royal expert also suggested plans for Harry and Meghan to retake their senior roles in the future have been inspired by the important PR value the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have.

Ms Brown continued: “I think she really wants to keep it open for him because he is a big asset.

“Harry is the second-most-popular member of the Royal Family after the Queen. He’s attractive, he is a vet and they were actually excited about Meghan.

“It seemed like here she was, the star power – these two were going to really be this massive asset bumping up the glamour of the Royal Family and doing the work.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: